Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Block It

My baby says she's traveling on the one after 909
I said move over honey I'm traveling on that line
I said move over once, move over twice
Come on baby, don't be cold as ice
Said she's traveling on the one after 909

I begged her not to go and I begged her on my bended knees
You're only fooling around, only fooling around with me
I said move over once, move over twice
Come on baby, don't be cold as ice
Said she's traveling on the one after 909

-One After 909, The Beatles

So dressing in Bali is a world in itself. Surrounded by too much white linen to count, and people whom find triangle bikini tops suitable for every occassion rather than a bra, my eyeballs are getting closer and closer together.
In between the madness, there is of course a rare person who must think "Just because I am in Bali, does not mean that I wear thongs day and night, I'm going to rock my biker boots even if my feet sweat so much they fall off", and then all of a sudden I can breathe again.
I'm into colours (as you probably know already. der), and so I have found it helps my little heart if I wear casual styles (as to not stick out like a dingbat) but mix it up with tones and textures.
So I thought I would share with you the first outfit I wore that brought sanity to my new life.
We found this beach by mistake, on our search for some ridable waves (for ye old Malibu mongoose over here) and it has this amazing temple right on the point of it, with waves literally hitting its walls...not a person in sight, just three puppy's following us around...Cowboy spent an hour taking photos of 'secret breaks', as I contemplated how we were ever going to find our way back to civilisation (ok, so maybe I didn't really care and actually daydreamed about living in the abandoned shack on the waters edge, becoming a fisherman and calling the three puppy's my own. Delyliah. Brooklyn. Kevin.).
xx

Dress: Therese Rawstone. Terracotta Cape: Shakuhachi. Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs. Sunglasses: Karen Walker. 

2 comments:

the style crusader said...

these photos are crazy beautiful celeste! i'm so glad that someone is soaking up the sunshine! you look gorgeous and i love the bright colour blocking. can't wait to see more of your adventures beautiful. xx

alterior motif said...

The black sand... the colours.. and you..all look beautiful together Cel, catch a wave for me xx Pen