Monday, April 11, 2011

You Make Sense To Me

"Now, you can give my other suit to the Salvation Army,
And everything else I leave behind --
I ain't taking nothing that'll slow down my traveling
While I'm untangling my mind.
I ain't gonna repeat what i said anymore.
While I'm breathing air that ain't been breathed before
I'll be as gone as the wild goose in winter
Then you'll understand your man"

-Understand your man, Johnny Cash
(p.s I only just realised that every time I get lyrics off the net a pop up window offers me to send the song to my cell. Does that actually still exist?That whole idea is nearly vintage enough that I was tempted to just do it....have I lost my mind?!)


There's one thing I like even better than weird offensive emails from terrible small labels wanting free advertising....my friends trying to brake down the alias fantom that I have indeed become!
In an anti-technology fit of angst, I deleted my Facebook page, didn't post and didn't log into Bloglovin' for a month. (you may have noticed?it is the new celebrity diet...facebook fasting. I seriously lost weight! Brain weight!Dare you to try it!)
In the past I was quite the Facebook enthusiast, oh my how times have changed.
Anyway so my beautiful sooky donkey Phoebe (a.k.a gypsy in crime) couldn't get a hold of me by any means possible, so she hit me with a blog post dedication (so much cooler than a 'love song dedication' ...tell your friends) to see if she could reach me through that frequency!
I only just found it so it didn't work (bummer Phoebs!)
But now that I have found it I am missing her even more than I was two minutes ago....if that is actually possible.
Hey Phoebs, I love you. I even feel like putting on my black studded boots again so we can be matching lovers across the seas.
xx
check her out, she's got such great eyeballs for beautiful stuffs.
stopmakingsensenow
This is the time we went to Copacabana together to sniff our secret op shops and go to the beach in the rain...xx

3 comments:

Elle said...

i like this very much

Phoebe Lucinda said...

YES! Black boot bandit in crime.. and all things vintage! I love this post, I actually loled when i read it at 6.30 am! Don't ask me why I was blog surfing at 6.30 am!!
Miss you! Love you donk! P.s so happy you used a Jonny Cash song for my blog post dedication! This might actually catch on! Xxx

Parachute Pants said...

Shoes = SO lovely. love love love them.