Sunday, January 2, 2011

Peat Posse

"I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away
I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away
All this fussing and fighting, man, you know I sure can't stay

Now baby, pack your leaving trunk, you know we've got to leave today
Just exactly where we're going I cannot say, but We might even leave the USA 
'Cause there's a brand new game that I want to play"
- Kitty Daisy and Lewis, Going Up The Country


Where the ef have I been?Not in front of a computer thats for damn sure.
I have actually had a few days off from the technological realm (bar my camera, obviously).
I was lucky enough to be invited to the Peats Ridge Festival from my jet-setting/never in Sydney/touring the world and being epic friend, Julia. Being gifted tickets, it would be pretty effing spoilt to turn them down, and I've never really staked it out a festival, so I thought the time was ripe.
We set up camp, relaxed in the river, painted tribal dots above our eyebrows, wore bindi's, saw more weird sh%t than we could have ever dreamt up, and more than anything got to enjoy some ef-off amazing rock n' roll.
Band (or should I say solo act) of the trip was Lanie Lane. She is a rockabilly sweet heart, with a knack for getting the whole audience to step into her little world. She had something alot of others lacked. Connection. Each song was explained with a quirky back story and it kind of made us all fall in love with her.
I had met her the previous night with Julia and rather than an introduction she just handed me a piece of watermelon. I liked her then and there. Then she had to head off cause she felt like a costume change (and I thought I had found my soul mate. I usually get the sh*t teased out of me for needing to change at least 3 times a day, and there she was, announcing it to a group of strangers. I felt liberated!)
Anyway everything else was cool and kind of a blur blah blah blah.
I hope you guys have had an awesome break, some family time, and some r+r.
Welcome to 2011.
Lets make it effing brilliant.
p.s whats your New Years Resolution? my favorite so far belongs to my good friend Killer. "Don't worry, be sexy", if you don't have one yet, maybe try this one out for size.
xx


Hat: Vintage Mui Mui, Tee: Bassike, Necklace: Disney Couture, Bindi: Cherry Blossum, Collaroy.

Phoebe the sparkler gypsy vintage rock n'roller.




Julia performing in a 60s lace, bell sleeve maxi. Check out her awesome guitar.


Lanie Lane in her pirate hat.
Tee: American Apparel, Skirt: vintage.

Tee: Stolen Girlfriends Club, Shorts: Ksubi, Belt+Bag+Hat: vintage,
Glasses: Melrose Markets, L.A, Boots: thecowboygeisha

5 comments:

Kit said...

Happy New Year my lovely Celeste!
Thanks for the lovely comment, we've had so much fun during our time at LFW and post LFW. Hope we can cross path in Asia ;P

styleeast said...

Happy new year! Great sunny shots to kick off the year. I'm with Kit, Japan blogger get-together 2011, oh yeah baby!! xx

Unknown said...

that place looks awesome.happy new year :)
http://mformariza.blogspot.com/
follow me xx

S said...

Gorgeous photos. Happy new year.

Unknown said...

Nice photos and great look .... :)