Sunday, September 4, 2011

Great Scott


Swinging in the backyard
Pull up in your fast car
Whistling my name

Open up a beer
And you take it over here
And play a video game

I'm in his favorite sun dress
Watching me get undressed
Take that body downtown

I say you the bestest
Lean in for a big kiss
Put his favorite perfume on

Lana Del Ray, Video Games

For those of you whom know my brain, old mate Jeremy Scott has an ongoing, not-so-secret part in my heart. Those that swarm for his goods no doubt enjoy his designs, but I for one actually feel like he  is the most successful smart-ass in the industry. And it is this trait, ladies and gentlemen, which makes me one of his biggest fans. I also feel he is one of the few designers which create a vibe that reflects our small section in time (collections based on trash, fast food,  etc etc). Lastly, he is literally the only label that I buy pieces from not to wear, but to archive. This bat wing sweater reminds me of Jenny Kee, and of 80s non-appropiate/verging on hideous-wear...two things i truly dig, and yet I would not wear this in public. One day my grand babies will open up my dress-up box and have the time of their life with this sweater!   It will come down to their ankles and they will do a catwalk show in the lounge room for me and it will be one of the coolest memories I will have....
p.s it's weird I'm thinking about what memories my grand kids are going to give me at 24 isn't it....
Dress: Jeremy Scott

No comments: